Monday, July 14, 2014

We're back!! Here's what happened...and Christmas in July??

Good evening, Friends!! Kerri here...

I know, I know. What a loser, right?? I seriously cannot believe that it has been almost 2 whole months since we blogged. I am so ashamed. Seriously.

Basically, here's what happened. The day after my last Stitch Fix post, my step-dad passed away. He bravely fought lung cancer for 9 years, and had every procedure known to man during that time, but 5 weeks before he passed, the doctors told him he needed to start hospice care, so he did, and on Tuesday, May 20th, he went to be with Jesus. 
It was really hard on my family, and especially my mom and brother, and I just kinda lost my blogging mojo after that. :(  

But I can take solace in the fact that we will be reunited one day in heaven, and I know he's in a much better place now. 

Here's a picture of our family before my stepdad got really ill...

Thank you friends for listening to me, and for understanding our absence the past 2 months. :)

I promise to get back on the blogging bandwagon ASAP, and catch you up on all the things we've been up to lately, such as going to Vegas with over 700 other TPTers... it was the BOMB-DIGGIDY, y'all!!

Buying new things for my classroom, such as this uber-wicked rug from IKEA for only $15!! Swoon!!!

And giving a much needed makeover to these FUGLY wooden crates and an old bookshelf that I have in my classroom! Stay tuned for some easy peasy lemon squeezy crafting tips!


Okay, soooo Merry Christmas?? What the what??



The girls and I over at Blog Hoppin' (BTW...did you see our blog makeover?? It is AMAZING!!) are super excited to throw our annual Christmas in July SALE and everyday, different items from my (Kerri's) store will be on sale. Look for this banner in my shop to see what's on sale...

And every day, I'll be back to let you know what's gonna be on sale next. Fun, right??

On Tuesday, my Sentence Scramble packs will be on sale...
Fix Up the Mix Up!

  
Word of the Week!


Talk to you tomorrow!! Man, it feels good to be back on the blogging train!!
XOXO Kerri B
P.S. Anyone else DIGGING Big Brother this summer??? I am LOVING IT!!

4 comments:

HeidiSongs said...

Oh, Kerri! I'm so sorry about your stepdad!
I'm also sorry that I forgot (AGAIN) that you and Lindsey blog together. WHAT is my problem? My brain is too full of junk and I can't remember the important stuff! I promise not to forget again!

It was fun to sit next to you gals in Kelley's session at the TPT conference. I hope that you have a great summer- with what is left of it- both of you!
Take care,
Heidi

Unknown said...

It was so cool to see you in Vegas! Now that I am moving back down to 1st Grade, it will be fun to visit your TpT store some more:)

Amanda Bryant
A Traveled Teacher

Kelley Dolling said...

Oh doll . . . sending oodles of hugs your way. Sometimes you just have to take a break. It was so nice to hang with you in Vegas. I hope to get down to SoCal soon :)

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear of your step fathers passing. This last year has seemed to suck for many, me included. But I am going with the thought that this next school year is going to be one of the best yet. It just has to! Enjoy your summer! Mine is quickly coming to an end!

~Kristen

Post a Comment