Sunday, February 2, 2014

GINORMOUS TUB Organization!!

Hi Everyone! Kerri B here...

Thank you so much for visiting Teacher Bits and Bobs on your Bright Ideas Blog Hopping Adventure! 

I am here to share with you the way that I got myself SUPER organized this past summer...by cleaning up all the CHAOS that was living on top of my cupboards for WAY TOO LONG!

TADA!! Isn't it oh so pretty?? Okay, get ready to gag. Here is what it looked like before I got my rear in gear and made it all pretty...

Is that not ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIC?? And, to make it even worse, I had junk up there that I hadn't used for eons! Like a VHS video player. What??? And a baby Christmas tree in the box (Just plain weird) Random bubbles and clorox wipes. It was just a HOT MESS!!

I got my big old tubs at Target and they just happened to have the correct colors to mathcy match the rest of my classroom (Thank goodness for that,m or might have gotten a permanent twitch!). After that, I grouped everything by category and dumped it in. Trust me, the inside of the tubs are still messy sort of, but at  least the outside looks pretty! Here are some examples...
All of my art projects for the entire year are stored in Ziploc bags and kept in one of the tubs...

All sorts of art supplies. I may or may not be a hoarder of foamy shapes AND buttons. Well, and pony beads too!

All of my Open House projects and directions for my Rainforest theme go in this tub!

Aren't they so darn pretty sitting up there all organized?? Love it!
This organization idea has made a WORLD of difference in my classroom. Not only did I clear up a bunch of space inside my cupboards, but my classroom in general looks so much more organized and free of clutter!!

If you are looking for more great ideas, please visit the next blog on this blog hop, written by Kaci Hoffer from Mrs. Hoffer's Spot!

You may also visit the link up below and choose a topic that interests you! Thanks so much for visiting!!

9 comments:

Kinderkay said...

Kerri... you have inspired me! The tops of my cabinets currently look like your "bleh" pictures! :) I have 2 student interns coming in a couple of weeks... maybe I can revive my cabinets before they come!

Thanks for sharing, my Friend!

Cindy

Laura said...

I am all about the "look!" Love the organization and the look!! So inspiring! Thanks for sharing!
Laura
Peace, Love, and First Grade

Ms. Lopez said...

That looks great but how do you get that past Williams?

Ms. Chrissy B said...

It looks so tidy! I love your labels, too. Great way to organize your (completely necessary teacher) stuff!

Buzzing with Ms. B

Fluttering Through First Grade said...

We can soo relate to those "places" in our classroom...The tubs are absolutely adorable and functional. Love it!
Christy & Tammy

Tania said...

Love the look of the awesome organization you have. The not so nice fire guy does not allow me to put anything above my cubbies :(
Tania
My Second Sense

Traci Clausen said...

Love your pretty tubs! ORGANIZATION BABY!! LoVe It!

The Colorful Apple said...

Can you come do mine?? My cupboards look a lot like your before picture! Your after picture looks amazing though!

Sara :)
The Colorful Apple

Sara at school said...

Looks great! Sara

Post a Comment