Sunday, January 19, 2014

Kindness and other Winter randomness! (Plus a Kindness freebie!!)

Happy Sunday Peeps! Kerri here...
Actually, Happy GLORIOUS Sunday, since we have no school tomorrow! HOLLA!! 

I am about to get my Downton on (was last week's episode not TOTALLY SHOCKING and HORRIBLE?? I hated it.), and after that I just might get my SHERLOCK on too! Anyone else watch Sherlock? I just discovered it and OHEMGEE...I am in LOVE!

I keep forgetting to bring my camera to school, and then when I finally bring it, I forget to bring it back home! DURNIT! Please forgive the following photo dump...I have over a week of Wintery goodness (said with much *sarcasm*, since it has been over 80 degrees the entire week! Ugh...) to share with you, plus a new mini-unit on Kindness, AND a FREEBIE too!

We started the month of January with our snowman art and poetry writing...snow much fun!


We also wrote snowman stories...I love that this snowman lives in Mammoth, however I am NOT loving the printing here. Gotta work on that!

Isn't that baby snowman and ice cream cone so precious??
 We also worked on writing Wintery Super Sentences. More on that later! Stay tuned...



Of course, we had to have our Word of the Week literacy center on the word mittens...


And then, of course, we made Tacky the Penguin...my absolute FAVORITE of all time~


I am especially loving my Tacky the Penguin bulletin board right now...
So much Wintery fun, and not a drop of snow OR rain or EVEN chilliness to be had. Did I mention that it was 86 degrees this week? Here's proof...
So gross...
Moving right along...Our school is having a month long focus on Kindness for the month of January. Our theme is "Got Kindness? Pass It On!" and we are doing activities all month long to promote Kindness! It is pretty SWEET! 
Here is a look at the marquee outside my room...

We also made our front doors have a kindness theme this month. Doesn't my student teacher have some CRAZY MAD ARTISTIC skills? She cut those letters free hand. I kid you not. She is like a walking CAMEO machine!

In class, we have been working on reading books related to kindness and then filling out thinking maps about Kindness. We are turning all of these pages into a book and we will write stories about Kindness at the end of the month. So sweet!!


School wide, we also each made a Kindness Quilt after reading the book called, "The Kindness Quilt". I just love how ours turned out. We will be displaying all of them in the MPR the last week of January, which is our big Kindness Week!


We will also be taking the Great Kindness Challenge the last week of January, and our students will each be filling out a Kindness checklist, as they perform random acts of kindness.

If you are excited about teaching your kidlets how to be more kind, and spread Kindness to others in your school and community, I have created this little writing pack with all sorts of Kindness activities in it! Introducing...

Here's a little preview...

And here's what you get...

And here's a little Kindness FREEBIE for you to get your kidlets excited about Kindness! Click on picture to download from my TPT shop!!

Okay, friends! Bordelon out!! I gotta get on the Yoga mat and then it's Downton Time, baby!!
XOXO Kerri B

6 comments:

Unknown said...

pokonamah kudu terus sumanget ameh guri guri ennyoy haha
obat kanker otak

Room 214-Ms. Wenzel's Blog said...

You are always so inspiring and creative. Smiles and stop by anytime!

Unknown said...

Love those Tacky Penguins!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

Rae said...

What great timing! My schools is doing a Random Acts of Kindness assembly in February and we are to teach about kindness and ways we can spread it around the school from now until Valentine's Day! I just purchased your Got Kindness? Writing Pack and I am so excited to use it with my kiddos! Thanks :)

Rae
Mindful Rambles

Unknown said...

Nice.. picture..



nurdiana.web.id

Jennifer said...

Hire a private party bartender for weddings and parties. Hey Ms. Bartender is a TABC certified bartender service. So wait no more and book your bartender now!
WEDDING BARTENDING SERVICES

Post a Comment