Saturday, August 10, 2013

Five for Friday (on Saturday AGAIN!)

Happy Saturday, blogging buddies!! Kerri here...

I know I'm a little late to the party, but for some reason summer is making me all discombobulated! What day is is again?? :) Anyways, I'm linking up with Kacey's Five for Friday linky party! Sooo glad it's back!


I feel like I haven't blogged in FOREVER. Every time I think about it, my kindle calls out my name, or the backyard looks soooo inviting, or Travis Eliot (my Ultimate Yogi instructor) reminds me that it's time to get ULTIMATE. Aaaahhh, Summer. How I love thee!

Let's get started, shall we??


Number 1....Ultimate Yogi! I am on day Number 19, Peeps!! That's right...I have done this program for 19 days STRAIGHT, which is HUGE for me, because I HATE working out. Always have, always will. But this program is perfectly perfect for me. Each day is a different power yoga DVD, such as Cross-Training (my favorite), Cardio (ugh. This one KILLS me!), Strength (Also kills me!), Yin, Detox (lots of twists in this one), and Vitality. There are also other DVDs, but they haven't been introduced yet.
I am bound and determined to do 36 days straight! After that, school will be starting and we all know what that means...Wah wah wah wah. It will be a challenge to do yoga every day, am I right?? We'll see how it goes with school starting, but right now, I am LOVING being ULTIMATE!

Number 2...Classroom Decor! I have been working in my classroom a couple of days a week. Here is what I've been up to...
I am absolutely in LOVE with my classroom library! The rug is from Walmart (best purchase EVER!), the red chair was on clearance at Target, and the other 2 chairs I have had forever. Sooo happy...

Apparently, we can have up to 27 kids this year (KILL.ME.NOW!) so I had to get a new carpet with 30 squares! This one was a factory second and was like $250? Seems like a lot of $$, but trust me, it was a great deal. Classroom carpets are CRAZY expensive!
I love my new banner with the Dots on Turquoise theme I have all over my room. It's sooo cute!
My mother-in-law made me some super cute owl curtains to cover my ugly cubbies filled with manipulatives. Aren't they deliciously cute??

Number 3....DUCK DYNASTY!! Ya'll, I am officially obsessed with these guys and I'll tell you why. I got to hear Phil Robertson speak at Saddleback Church about a month ago, and it was AMAZING. He is exactly the same as on the show. He keeps it real, man!

We also got our very own Si Robertson ice tea cups!!



AND...guess what they sell on Amazon?? A Duck Dynasty board game! Well, you know I had to have it!

And this has got to be the best Duck Dynasty thing EVER...
GOOD NIGHT!! Nikki from Melonheadz is a GENIUS, I tell you!! What do you think?? Duck Dynasty Math and Literacy Centers?? :)

Number 4...TPT FREEBIE and a new unit in the works!
I posted a Riddle Me This! FREEBIE last week to TPT, but never blogged about it...

This little FREEBIE is a companion to my Riddle Me This! Centers Bundle...

 and my Johnny Appleseed Math and Literacy Centers...


I'm also ALMOST finished with my latest unit, perfect for your Kinders and Firsties!

It should be finished some time tomorrow and posted to TPT. I am SUPER excited about it!

Number 5...Teacher Week at Blog Hoppin' is next week!
 Every day, us girls on Blog Hoppin' will be blogging about different teaching topics and Lindsay and I will be posting our ideas right here on Teacher Bits and Bobs as well! Soooo fun! We are asking that you all link up with your favorite ideas each day of the week and link back to Blog Hoppin' using this button...

Well, that's all for me, Peeps! Whew! That was a whole bunch of stuff right?? Thanks for sticking with me!
Have a wonderful weekend and we'll be back soon!
Kerri B

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Loving your room!!!!
Love Duck Dynasty and Saddleback Church!
Looking forward to your new units!
:)

Unknown said...

Hi Everyone,
I am a former 1st grade teacher and am selling tons of teaching resources and books on my amazon store suitable for K-2! Check it out if you are interested!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main/ref=olp_merch_name_6?ie=UTF8&asin=0590643762&isAmazonFulfilled=0&seller=A1WU61CGOMI6CP

Thanks,
Julie :)

AntonioPR said...

A very cool approach. We also organize an open day for children in ramotion so that they can see how the IT team works.

Post a Comment