Friday, May 3, 2013

Five for Friday!!

Happy HOT Friday, Peeps! Kerri here...

It was H.O.T. today and yesterday, but LUCKILY, I was in a 2 day math training at our District Office for a new math program we will be adopting next year, so I didn't have to teach while feeling sweaty-GROSS!

It's Friday and time for my Five for Friday post, linked up to Kacey from Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday linky!

Number one: The notes I come across when I am grading papers are HILARIOUS! I am pretty sure that these 2 boys did NOT want me to see these...LOVE them!
Note #1-You have a girlfriend. It is Macey.
Note #2-Gerardo has a girlfriend! His mom...


Number 2: Teaching money to Firsties is NOT my favorite. I can't wait until next year and the Common Core kicks in. No more money for us! WHOO HOO!!


Number 3-Teaching about the animals in the rainforest is DEFINITELY my favorite. This week was all about Jaguars! These are all from my Rainforest Art and Writing Unit...

P.S. I am in LOVE with instagram!!

Follow us here...

Number 4: My May door might be the cutest door EVER. I am in sooo in love with this door! One of my sweet. talented moms made it for me and she did a FABULOUS job!



Last, but not least... Number 5! Our new Math program is called SWUN math and it is pretty awesome. I am excited to use it next year. Anyone else use it? I'd love to hear your opinion!!

Have a happy weekend, Peeps!! Off to dinner with the fam, per our usual Friday night tradition!
XOXO Kerri B

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Love that penny circle map! I am so stealing that idea for when I start money next week! :) Here's hoping you keep cool in our crazy weather today!

The Colorful Apple said...

Your door is adorable! We don't do any door-decorating at our school. Maybe I should start a trend! I have never heard of Swun math before. Sounds interesting!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Kinderkay said...

Oh, Kerri, I love, love your door! The colors are gorgeous!

Have a great week!
Cindy

Post a Comment