Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Kite Reader FREEBIE and a Whole Lot of Regrets!

Happy Wednesday folks!  Lindsay here . . .

I cannot even believe that March is over halfway over.  After finishing up conferences last week I feel like the rest of the year will be over in the blink of an eye and my chitlens will be off to first grade before I know it!!  Cra-zy!!!

But that's not what I came here to talk about tonight.  No indeedy.  I have something much heavier on my heart tonight.

 Let's talk about regrets, shall we? 

This year I have a BIG regret . . . signing up to be my school's Yearbook Coordinator!!  (insert dramatic music, ominous music here .  . .) 

I have a defininate, undeniable problem with saying no.  Which is how I got into this situation to begin with . . .  It's not that I have anything against the yearbook process or HELPING with the yearbook.  I just didn't necessarily need to sign up to do it. The whole thing. Single-handedly. 

Gulp. 

Sigh.  Its not easy being green Yearbook Coordinator.

And the Yearbook Coordinator debacle has gotten me thinking about other life regrets as well. . .

Like the time I SHOULD have plucked my wickedly ginormous unibrow in Junior High and I didn't.

Like the time I tried to cook a delicious home-cooked meal for (my at-the-time boyfriend) Mr. Messyhair and I thought 8-10 whole peeled garlic cloves that the recipe called for meant 8-10 whole peeled garlic BULBS. (Holy garlic breath!!!)

And like that time I thought that a perm would be REALLY, REALLY great hair choice for me.

Sigh. Lots of regrets.

Have I learned my lesson?  Yes.  Just say no people!  Say no to perms, bad cooking, unibrows and all forms of yearbook participation and/or coordination.

Phew.

I'm so glad I got that off my chest. :)

Just one more thing to share tonight . . . I made a little My Kite reader FREEBIE that I posted to TPT, so just click the shamrock below to check it out!  My kidlets had SO much fun coming up with lots of juicy describing words for their little stories!



Well, that's it for now!  I'm off to work on Yearbook pages!  Wish me luck!

Goodnight!

Lindsay

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Have you looked into a company called Picaboo?
They allow you to create canvases and books on line. They just recently started yearbooks. You might fine this way of doing things a bit easier. Haven't used them, but why don't you have a look see?

Lisa said...

This post cracked me up! Sorry you've been so stressed, but you have a cheerful/funny way of sharing it. A close friend does the yearbook at my school (single handedly too)and every year we take her to happy hour the day she submits it! We officially did that last week :)

Lisa
The Lower Elementary Cottage

Amy said...

I am in the same boat. I too do the yearbook all by myself. It is almost done. Less than 10 pages. YEAH! Next year, I will get help. I do tend to say that each year. Good luck ! Amy

Sarah Paul said...

I was yearbook coordinator for 4 years and IT WAS HORRIBLE! Luckily I had a co-coordinator. It was SO much work. Last year I finally got the guts to say "This is too much. I'm done. I want to focus on teaching , not yearbooking." I'm so happy I did. I feel for you. I hope you can get out of it next year. It is so much work and stress! Good luck!
Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

Erica said...

So I did that once when I was probably around 20/21 years old. I wanted to make tzatziki sauce (yum yum!) and it said 3 garlic cloves or something like that. Yeah, I used 3 garlic bulbs. The stuff was inedible. I tried to save it by doubling the recipe and a few other things, but in the end, I just threw it away and learned the difference between a garlic bulb and a garlic clove! :-)

I hope you get your yearbook completed soon!

Erica
Blooming In First

Post a Comment