Thursday, July 26, 2012

Tell Me More Linky!

Good Evening, friends! Kerri here...


Well, I think most of you know me pretty well, since I don't really hold back much on the little ole blog here, and I had so much fun reading everyone else's "Tell Me More" posts that I thought I would play along, BUT I am going to try to tell y'all SUPER obscure facts about myself. Ready??
Here we go...




I HATE sports. HATE them with a capital H. Hate to watch them (well, except the Olympics), hate to play them, hate to hear about them...you get the idea. My poor poor husband :(.
For example, we went to the Angels game on Tuesday and by the 2nd inning, I was DYING of boredom. DYING!  I couldn't believe I had to endure 7 MORE INNINGS...bleahhhh.




I LOVE LOVE LOVE chips and salsa! Add some cheese on top (my 2nd love!) and I am in HEAVEN! I could eat chips and salsa ALL DAY LONG...however, I am a bit of a salsa snob. It can't be too spicy and it really needs to be fresh. I mean, I'll eat the bottled stuff in a pinch, but homemade or restaurant salsa is the BOMB!




I am O.B.S.E.S.S.E.D. with the smell of Scotch Tape, and it MUST be the Scotch tape brand-Magic Tape preferred. None of this bargain basement brand tape for me. The smell of scotch tape reminds me of Christmas and school and birthdays, all wrapped up in scotch tape. My family and friends think I'm a TOTAL freak, but I just can't help it!!




I have an affinity for all things British, probably because I have visited there many times in my life and one of my oldest and dearest friends is British. I love their tea, their accents, period movies set in Britain, Harry Potter, old castles, the Underground, etc. etc.




I LOVE to read, and have been an avid reader since I was a little girl. One of my daughters takes after me, the other...not so much! One of my favorite books of all time is called "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett. Surprise, surprise-it takes place in medieval England and is about the building of a cathedral! The Pillars of the Earth movie, however, STANK. Big disappointment!




Keith Morrison is my all time FAVORITO news anchor on Dateline (one of my favorite shows!) I have a huge crush on his storytelling skills. That man could read me the phone book ALL. DAY. LONG. He is also Canadian, which makes him even better, since I, myself, am half Canadian (thanks to my Pops!)




I have a penchant for talking in accents, and I can do a pretty mean Skippy Jon Jones (best books EVER!!) hispanic accent, along with a British accent, and a New Yorker accent, but Lindsay is the one who can do a great Indian accent. I am still working on that one! I also got this skill from my Pops, and I passed it on to my daughter Katie! This comes in quite handy when I am reading to my kidlets at school!!


Besides my hubs (obviously!), this guy is my number one...
I LOVE him and all of his movies! He makes me swoon. My favorite movies of his are the Sherlock Holmes movies-they are RAD! And, again, British period movies!!


I have a HORRIBLE habit of biting my nails, and I CANNOT STOP. I have bitten my nails since I was a little girl. I think it stems from my parents divorce-no seriously! Half of the time I don't even realize I am doing it! GROSS...(I REFUSE to include a picture of this dismal fact!!)


disclaimer...this is NOT me!


My idea of working out is A) Yoga-I am loving it more and more!! and B) running on the treadmill in our playroom in the dark with 2 fans pointed at me and a movie playing (preferably one with Robert Downey, Jr.!!) Can you tell I do not LOVE to work out??  :)


Last one, I promise. 


I am like a Superhero in the fact that I have a source of power and I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT TEACH WITHOUT THE FOLLOWING 2 THINGS...




and 

That's right! Lipstick and gum I must have at all times. My kids know it and we call it my source of power! HA!! The lipstick obsession I got from my mom, and the gum, well, I just NEED it!! My lipstick and gum even live in a special pouch in my purse, and one time I left it somewhere in the classroom and one of my littles brought it to me and said, "Here's your source of power!" CLASSIC!!


Okay, if I haven't scared you away yet, then thanks for reading!! Obviously, I am a wife, mother, Christ follower, and teacher first and foremost, but all of my silly little quirks are what make me "ME"!!

I love you guys!! Thanks for following, supporting, and being our bloggy friends! You guys ROCK!
 XOXO Kerri B

7 comments:

Jenn Bates said...

You are too cute! A magic tape smell obsession, lipstick & gum super power...girl you are an original!
Jenn
Finally in First

Fancy Free in 4th said...

Ok...... I found you on the Tell me More Linky and I too LOVE Harry Potter and England ( I studied abroad at Oxford and am DYING to go back) AND I LOVE Ken Follet... Pillars of the Earth rocked my world when I read it when I was 15! Did you see the mini series on HBO? I am your newest follower, come follow me back!
Layla
Fancy Free in Fourth

Jennifer K. said...

Lol I'm with you on hating sports - but luckily my husband does too! the other day I called DirectTv to tell them that i did not want to be renewed for their sports package and that I didn't know why it was on our bill anyways. The salesman said "Well, maybe your husband asked for it?" and I just about died laughing! I think he got a bit miffed at me after that lol!

I didn't realize Scotch tape had a smell...now I'm going to be sniffing tape thanks to you!

Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

Room 214-Ms. Wenzel's Blog said...

Yes, one of the best scents in the world-Scotch Tape! You should see me with Christmas gifts :>) Love your Blog and posts! SMILES!

Kerri Buckner said...

Love that one of your students brought you your source of power. I love how kids pick up on things like that.
Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

Unknown said...

Do you need those fans really because you are about to "swoon"..I have to have Dr. Pepper at hand while I am teaching...kids know it, I know it, everyone knows it...Don't drink coffee...just D.P. Enjoyed your blog post. Have a great weekend. Sandra

amy said...

Thanks for sharing! It was fun to read about your obsession with the smell of scotch tape. When I read it, I could smell the tape ... too funny! I also like to listen to accents. I could listen to some people talk all day about nothing just to hear the sound of their voice. :)
Amy
Where Seconds Count

Post a Comment