Saturday, May 12, 2012

Queen Bee and Mr. T!

Happy almost Mother's Day, girls!! Kerri here...
I hope your Mother's Day tomorrow is off the hook! My mommy and my hub's mom is coming over for lunch, and the rumor is I just might be getting breakfast in bed from my 2 girlys! Sooo excited!


We are in full rainforest mode in my classroom. Here are our Layers of the Rainforest projects and one of our leaf-cutter ants projects from my Rainforest Art and Writing Pack...






Next week we will be making sloths (MY FAVORITE!) and rainbow fish piranhas! More Funness!


This next part is an ode to my room mom. Just look at her AMAZING and beautiful creations as she transformed me into the "Queen B" of my classroom for Teacher Appreciation Week (My kiddos call me Mrs. B, so it was quite appropriate!) Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, was matchy matchy! It was incredible!
My gorgeous front door


This has a pocket behind it to house all of the love notes my kiddos wrote me!


This vase looks like a bee hive! It is sooo cool looking!


Yup,  I am an actual "Queen" bee!


My Queen Bee crown! I will be wearing this in reading groups so the kids know not to "bug" me when I am reading with other kids! 
I love you, Mrs. H! You have truly made me feel like a Queen this year and I don't know what I'll do without you next year!


I leave you with this Mother's Day video-Mr. T rapping about his Momma circa 1980 something. Skip to 52 seconds if you don't want to see the 80's kids badmouthing each other before Mr. T comes over and lectures them. This video takes me right back to my childhood! Love it!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am loving it!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Michelle Griffo said...

That door is seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen! Love the crown! :)

Michelle

Laura said...

Love the Queen Bee!! So cute!


Laura
Peace, Love, and First Grade

Traci Clausen said...

Wow! Your room mom worked her little stinger off! ;)

Looks fabulous!
❤Traci❤
Dragonflies in First

Post a Comment