Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It's A PB&J Wednesday

That's right. Its a PB&J Wednesday.  No . . . we aren't talking sandwiches here people.  We are talking about the dynamic duo of Kerri and Lindsay, Lindsay and Kerri. Like peanut butter and jellly. Tonight you get a little of both of us!   

First off . . . Lindsay here.

I came to the realization today that, under no uncertain circumstances am I EVER to put up downloads, TPT items, or any sort of information into the blogosphere after 11:00 p.m. because my brain is completely useless.  APPARENTLY last night when I uploaded my Lucky Charms graph onto TPT I didn't even realize that the numbers on the side of my graph began with zero, rather than beginning with the number one like it should.  YIKES!  Soooooo . . . for all of you fabulous followers who have already purchased that little math center, I have uploaded the corrected version to TPT for you to re-download.  (click pic to go to my store!)
So sorry for the mistake.  Like I said . . .no more late night brainless uploads. Scouts honor.

My turn!! Hi Peeps! Kerri here...
18 report cards down and 6 to go!! YES!! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, girls! (any boy followers??) 
I have a little FREEBIE for those of you who use Houghton Mifflin and read the story Lost! by David McPhail with your kidlets. 


(WARNING: this is black and white-insert small shudder, AND not that cute-insert larger shudder!)


We are reading that story this week, and I just whipped this up today, so I apologize for the lateness of it if you have already read that story (you can save it for next year, right??) 


It is a little comprehension activity that my students are very successful completing independently or with a partner, while I pull my low babies and give them some extra reading TLC. 

I copy this 50% so the pictures will fit into the boxes
I copy this onto the back of the comprehension questions paper...



This is how it all goes down in my classroom:


Step 1: I pair my kids up and they partner read the story. 
Step 2: Comprehension Activity: With their partner, they answer the questions about the story and  cut and paste the appropriate picture that matches their answer next to it in the box.
Step 3: They turn their paper over and look for all of the compound words (our focus for the week) they can find in the story.


TADA!! Easy Peasy lemon squeezy! They LOVE this, and they feel oh so independent completing this activity! CLick on the bear to download your copy...





I also have one for our story next week, which is If You Give a Pig a Pancake. If you would like it, please leave a comment below and let me know!



25 comments:

Miss Kindergarten said...

I am 2 weeks ahead of you and that is frustrating!!! Haha will file this for next year :)

Traci Clausen said...

Yay... we read LOST! today. This will be perfect for tomorrow while I work with my strugglers!
Thanks :D
Dragonflies in First

ps... I'll be on If You Give a Pig a Pancake next week, too... hint... hint ;D

Mrs. K said...

I'm a week behind you guys! Thanks for freebie!!

- sally
Mrs. K's Munchkins

Laura V. ~ A Grace-Filled Classroom said...

We are reading LOST! in 2 weeks so this is perfect! And of course I do love freebies! Would love if you could share anything HM! Really appreciate it!

Miss Squirrels said...

We are a Scott Foresman District....so I can't relate to the story- but I like the format!
Staci

Going Nutty!

misssquirrels@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I would love your If You Give a Pig a Pancake work. We are reading it this week but I love your work.
Jennifer
loularkin@comcast.net

Trisha said...

I'd like the one for the next story. We are reading Lost next week so you are ahead of me!

theard86(at)gmail(dot)com

Kristen Parson said...

I too would love your If You Give a Pancake questions. We are on the same story as you! Thanks!
Kristen
kristen.parson@nhcs.net

Lisa said...

I would love a copy of If You Give a Pig a Pancake. Thank you.
lmehr@dsdmail.net

Debbie said...

I would love your If You Give a Pig a Pancake activity as well! Read it this week, but can always use it next year! Thanks for your hard work!
debramorga@att.net

Chrissy said...

Thanks for the freebie. It's perfect since we're on Lost! too. I'd love the If You Give a Pancake one too. These are so much better than the workbook pages. Thanks
chrissyheath@verizon.net
 Chrissy

First Grade Found Me

Kristin said...

Thanks for the freebie and I would love any and all HM activities that you have!! :)
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Jenn Bates said...

Man, I am ahead of you guys! But I will save for next year, thanks!
Jenn
Finally in First

madseason15 said...

Thanks alot!! I would love any HM activities you have:)

madseason15 said...

Oh wait!! Here's my email:
mmiranda15@dadeschools.net or mirna15@me.com

Maggie said...

Hi Kerri,
I would really like a copy of your If You Give a Pig a Pancake activities. My email address is mgalamore@shelbyed.k12.al.us
Thanks,
Maggie

Jess said...

We will be reading If You Give a Pig a Pancake this week and would love to use your freebie! I will have to save the other one for next year!
jessande09@gmail.com

Alyss314 said...

Thanks for this great activity! I would also love a copy of the one for If You Give a Pig a Pancake.
Thanks!
alyss314@hotmail.com

MJScott said...

Thanks for the Lost activity. We read the story this week also. I would love the comprehension activity for If You Give a Pig a Pancake.
Thank you!
Mary Jane
mjscott@nmusd.us

Janine said...

I would love to have your activity for If You Give A Pig.... We will be working on that story when we come back from spring break, so it will be perfect timing!

You are amazing!

Faithful in First
pinksmyink@gmail.com

Lori R said...

I would love to have the activity for If You Give A Pig a Pancake. Thank you so much!
lraines78@gmail.com

Tracey said...

Thanks for the Lost! activity....it was very helpful. I would like to have the activity for If You Give A Pig a Pancake. Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

This one is great! Plan to use it for review week :) Can you send me the Pig one also???
Thanks for putting these together :)
aremus@dadeschools.net

MegB said...

I would love a copy of this activity for Lost and the one for If You Give a Pig a Pancake! Thanks
meghanbertke@gmail.com

herrybel said...

Some simple investigating steps can frequently tackle the issue. A printer on a system can either be Ethernet (or Wi-Fi) associated, or it very well may be straightforwardly associated through USB to a PC on the system. … Windows has an Add Printer Wizard open from the Devices and Epson Connect Services in the Control Pane
error code 0x803c010b

Post a Comment