Wednesday, August 10, 2011

First Week of School Packet!!

Hello bloggie friends!

Just wanted to share one of my all-time favorite Kinder activities that I do with my kiddos every year.  During the first week of school, I have my cute little kindies complete one page a day of this "First Week in Kindergarten" packet.  The packet includes a self-portrait page, a writing letters and numbers page, a dot-to-dot, and finally a page for students to draw (a picture of mom, a tree, etc.). For some of them it is VERY challenging - it also serves as a great informal assessment of what your kiddos can do right away - but it is a great activity to keep . . . . . for Open House!  Then, right before Open House I have my kiddos redo the same packet to show how much progress they have made throughout the year on basics such as writing their name, letters, numbers, coloring, and drawing.  I use 12 x 18 inch construction paper to fold in half and staple the packet from the beginning of the year on the inside on the left, and the end of the year packet on the right, so parents and students can both see the amazing progress! 




Click the picture above to download the whole packet!

This year I revamped the packet and cutsified it a bit - and made a separate cover sheet for both the beginning and end of the year.  Remember not to send these home! Hang on to them and pull them out again at the end of the year!  You will be impressed! :)

Hope you are all getting excited to meet your new group of kidlets!!

Lindsay

7 comments:

Ms. J said...

Lindsay, thank you so much for sharing!! How did you get that doc on your blog? Also, how did you link it to your google docs?

Thanks so much!!

Miss J

smilescrayonsandendlessstories

Kerri and Lindsay said...

Linds...this is WAY cuter than the one we used to use!! I am sooo impressed! It almost makes me want to go back to Kinder...just a teensy bit! But only if I could teach with you :)
XOXO Kerri

Tessa said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!
Tessa
Spotlight on Kindergarten

kfarney said...

I am loving your blog! I can't wait to use your cute stuff!!! Kerri I wan to buy a banner but I'm still thinking about what I want it to say!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this Freebie and I just discovered your blog. Thanks for sharing and I'm your newest follower!

Maria
Kinder-Craze

Unknown said...

I love your blog! Is this packet still available?
Ann

Katie said...

Hi! I love this first week of kinder packet! I downloaded it and used a few pages for my kindergartener on our first day of homeschooling! I mentioned Teacher Bits and Bobs and this great resource in my blog post about our first day of homeschooling. Check it out: http://www.gracefaithdirt.com/?p=973 My son still talks about how fun the "first day packet" was! Thanks!

Post a Comment