Monday, March 28, 2011

This is me!

Hi Friends! Kerri here...
So this is me! I have been teaching for 14 years. I have taught Kinder, 1st, 2nd, and 4th. I taught Kinder for 10 years and then had the opportunity to teach first grade this year, so I jumped at the chance! In 2009, I became Nationally Board Certified with an Early Childhood Generalist certificate, and this year Lindsay did too! We loved going through (and passing) that experience together! It made us SUCH better teachers!


I LOVE my little firsties! They are as cute as Kindergarteners, but they can do SO MUCH MORE, and they learn to READ, which is such a joy to witness! I have wanted to be a teacher since I can remember, and I am definitely living my dream!
This is my family! The Lord has blessed me with 2 beautiful daughters and an awesome, HANDSOME, hubby (who teaches middle school science-he's a saint!).

Here is a snapshot of my "corner" of my classroom! (More class pictures to come some day soon!) Being in my classroom makes me feel cozy and safe, how I hope my students feel everyday!


Freebie of the Day!
Here are a few board games I made for my kiddos to use in Math centers, Language Arts centers, what have you...I think I may use them this week to practice high frequency words or spelling words. I know a couple are leprechaun themed, but there are still 3 days left in March, right?
March Board Games