Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Crack the Reading Eggs

Hi friends! Kerri here..
The lovely Cara Carroll (who designed our blog...she is sooo talented!) had the greatest Valentine themed  spelling idea after she found some cute heart shaped boxes at the Dollar Tree. Well, of course I downloaded it and ran right over to the Dollar Tree to get my own, but alas, they were all gone by the time I made it over there. Rats! Guess I'll have to wait until next year!
However...the dollar spot at Target is equally dangerous for me(if I could live in the Dollar Spot, I would!) and they had these little beauties yesterday, just in time for Easter!
I picked up 12, numbered them with a paint pen, and made this little recording sheet to go with them. I plan on putting the letters for my kiddos' spelling words inside them, jumbled up, and their job will be to unscramble the letters to spell the word correctly. We did this activity in March and they about died from excitement!!

Crack the Reading Eggs